Thursday, January 20, 2011

Job-ful

There's this chance that I may have gotten a job.
And by "may have" I really mean that I DID.

Except that this whole "find a job" thing has been difficult and I don't trust it.
But I did go in yesterday and have the first training and I did sign a lot of papers and stuff. I go in again tomorrow. I suppose all signs point to ---> employed.

But still.
And for those of you who knew that I was interviewing for that one job, know that this is NOT that one job. I didn't get that one.

Instead I got a call the day after a heartfelt and needed prayer about the whole situation to my Heavenly Father. Man, does He answer prayers or what?

The call came from a place that I had basically gotten a job with before but then some things fell through (SO not my fault) and I moved on, not wanting to deal with it. But they called and asked if I was still interested.
Why yes, yes I am.

It's nothing earth shattering but to me it is a blessing- I will be a humble at risk youth tracker/mentor. Meaning I will be over a few different kids and I drive them places and take them on activities and help out their proctor family if there is need.

So there we have it. I hate to put it into blogging stone, engraved into the world wide web because what if it falls through again? 

But I'll tell you what- I have tried. I have interviewed. I have been turned down. But I did take a semi-humiliating job selling ham. And the couple things that I did get, but weren't able to take, were for personal reasons.

I know that God knows my private needs and my schedule and He blesses me ALL. THE. TIME. 

3 comments:

amynicole said...

Anna, I am so proud of you! Woowoo! I've got to keep trying as well! I need out of my job and in something that is more purposeful. I do have a rather embarrassing experience that happened the other day, I'll tell you about it later. It's hilarious and extremely odd of me. I hope this new one works out for you! You'll be great at it!

Shellie said...

How did you get those wings? I need some like that... Yippee for the job!!!!Hope it's for real.

The Cranes said...

Yeah! He does know our schedule and sometimes it takes faith to trust Him with the schedule when you think you know what it should be.