Four years ago today I started the most savage/ridiculous/glorious/hard/rewarding/miraculous/beautiful time of my life- all by stepping foot into the Missionary Training Center (and not stepping a foot out for another three months after that) and then into the unknown land of Armenia.
Which = Four years ago I met my husband.
Except I had NO idea on that day. I had NO idea about a lot of things on January 10, 2007. The fact that my future spouse was sitting next to me was the least of these mysteries.
And now I've known him four years. And I've had the chance to know him in every way possible. As a missionary, as a friend, as a college student, as a worker; through letters, over the phone, on trips/vacations, in "normal" life AND on an EPIC ROAD TRIP. Then as a boyfriend, as a fiance, and now- as my other half. Really, who gets to know their love in so many ways, even before marriage?
And we've been through a lot together. From wearing name tags together in some foreign land to sharing each others secrets- our life together is different.
I never saw it coming but I wouldn't have it any other way.
3 comments:
this picture is fantastic
I love the unknown.
I love how Buck is looking at you.
He was so smitten from the beginning.
Notice how Buck is the only one looking your way? It started back then--even if neither one of you realized it!
Post a Comment