My mind started thinking of all the things he loves that I could photograph. But that seemed cheap. I wanted to capture his spirit somehow in a photo. Which resulted in four photographs. I think that he thought I forgot about the challenge, but I didn't, and I surprised him with the results in a frame for Christmas.

You see, to me, Buck is like a tree. (like my little poem?) I guess we all are, but one of the reasons I married him was because of the word PROGRESS. He has always been progressing up. They say never to marry for potential, but that's exactly what I did. Not because he is a slob and a mess that I hope will reform someday BUT because I see where he has come from and what he has already become. And I cannot wait to see who he becomes from here, because what he has made of himself with God is already so remarkable.
These photos represent a lot of personal things for us. But right now I see him already as the last one: the tree growing up, higher still, towards heaven.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(And for those who care: If you noted, I started this a few months ago, so how could I have spring flowers? Well, I cheated a little and used a photo that I had already [thankfully] taken back in May 2009.)
(And the "winter" photo in this sequnce is not what I first planned. I originally had a picture of bare, dead looking branches in a hue of cold blue. I took this one randomly, never thinking to use it but I ended up liking it the best because it still shows the life that was there and in the background you see an evergreen, the tree we should all hope to become someday- resistant through all weather. :)
(The fall leaf shot shows where the leaf will fall- down.)
(and the summer tree shows it growing up, focusing on the large, strong trunk that brings it there and gives it life and leaves.)



4 comments:
Those are beautiful photos!
Your thoughts and perspective amaze me each time and even when you aren't feeling so great these days.
I am a copycat to what your lovely friends above have already said. Your pictures are beautiful and your thoughts are wonderful. You are amazing friend.
Oh, my goodness...Are these in your home somewhere?? Gorgeous.
Post a Comment