Friday, June 4, 2010

Perhaps

This was a little poem that I wrote over a year ago. I remember when I wrote it that Buck and I were just friends,(but after we were both home from our missions, thank you very much) but he was actually the person on my mind and the secret inspiration for this writing. Now we see that it was true. Funny how life works out. 

Perhaps

Perhaps I’ve already met you,
Perhaps you know my name.
Suppose we’ve been acquainted
An importance without fame

What if forever started
Back on some unwritten day?
Neither of us knowing of
The fact that you would stay

Maybe now I’m looking
Directly at your face.
Maybe we’re both praying
For each other’s saving grace.

Perhaps then there’s a reason
For the handshakes and “hellos”
To one day never say “good bye”
For the one day when we know.

For those of you wondering and who don't know, we met on our missions, serving in Armenia. A small country of 3 million and mission of about 40 missionaries. We were all good friends- including Elder (Buck) Harrison and me.  When I was blessed and set apart for my mission it said that "this mission would open many doors and opportunities for my life." Little did I know....

I love that I we were able to get to know each other on a professional yet friend level first for a couple years. 
I love that this is where we met. 
And I love where it has gone and where it will go.

7 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

I love that I met Frank on my mission also (although he didn't serve in my mission...I served in his hometown)because it helps me to see one way the Lord had a hand in my future happiness...that I was blessed in ways I didn't expect for choosing to serve a mission. But, just to warn you...you will always have people (in the church) raise their eyebrows or roll their eyes at you when you tell them how you met! Frank likes to tell people that I got sent home from my mission but we've both repented and are back in the church now! :) He really had one Elder who came to dinner at our house going with that one once...he actually believed us!

Max and Rebecca said...

This is a beautiful poem! I am truly happy for you two! I can't wait for August!!

Carrie Lynn said...

This made my day. I'm so happy for you!

audrey said...

hooray! i'm so glad you're in love... :)

The Cranes said...

Did you post that poem shortly after you wrote it? Because it seems like I remember reading it before (and I loved it) and I wondered at the time if you secretly had someone in mind while composing it. So fun to have photos of you together while missionaries! It's a great start to a wonderful relationship. I'm happy for both of you that it worked out this way. You are definitely blessed in ways you don't expect at times. Nate and I went to the same high school--even rode the same bus and were in the same stake--went to the same youth conferences and never knew each other. Then we met the day after I got home from my mission. I hadn't even been released yet!

Jodi said...

amen

Lillybet said...

Life is full of surprises. I hope you keep finding them all. Mom