Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rexxxburg

Who knew that the weekend that I needed to run away, that I would run to Rexburg? Of all places. I used to want to run away from there. But I guess that in the end the only things I really wanted to run away from was the homework and the winter. But silly me- I LOVE winter now and I can't wait for it to come again this year!
Anyway, Here is a recap of the whirlwind weekend:

Snow cones and a swings? Don't mind if we do.
A carousel ride? But of course!


Greasy small town food? Is there any other choice?


Dinner at a haunted Bayou restaurant in a small town of 707 people? With pet alligators? Can't pass that up.


And to end the day testing out the bath tubs at an antique shop? 


That's a given. 

It was fun to return to the BURG and see all my friends and show Buck my old stomping grounds. Other events that were not so documented but did take place were:
Star gazing at the sand dunes (and then Buck rolling down the hill only to land in the rocks)
Showing Buck BYU-I glorious campus (and me walking around in shorts cause now I'm a visitor and I CAN! HA!)
Girls night with Sarah, Carrie and Mandy where we laughed like old times,
Seeing my friend Adam and his new wife at their wedding reception
and
playing lots of games and learning about diets at Carrie and Scott's house.

Oh. And I took Buck to my secret spot and we did this. In a tree.

(Sorry mom and dad. But this does happen sometimes. )

No comments: