Sunday, June 13, 2010

I went to Alaska, just for the halibut

So. This is a couple weeks late but you all should know that I went on an EPIC cruise to ALASKA. To tell of the adventure is kind of overwhelming, seeing as it was a week long and there was a lot that happened. So I'll be brief. In summary I traveled by airplane, car, boat, and train- all within a week! Impressive right? Family vacations are nothing to take lightly.

First we stayed the night in Seattle.
Then the next day we boarded the Norwegian Cruise- The PEARL

Had a room with a view

Stayed on the ship for a day and a half. I played bingo. And lost.

But made up for it by spending time in the majestic SPA

And then there was a "Formal night" of which I participated.
Then I made wishes and ate King CRAB Legs in Juneau 

Then we went on a train to Canada from Skagway Alaska

And saw a ton of BEARS, who apparently love to eat dandelions.

In Ketchican Alaska we saw a lumberjack show!

And in Victoria Canada we went to the most magical garden heaven on EARTH- Butchart Gardens.

And then once the cruise ended
We stayed the night in Forks Washington, not because we are Twilight fans, but because it was on the way. But nevertheless, we saw some Twilight frenzy, but no vampires. 
Then we also got to go to Washington's state park and then to some (treacherous) tide pools.  (Where I fell down and got soaked to the bone.) (not sure starfish are worth that...)



It was a wonderful trip and a blessing. These things that are so good in life that I do not deserve. But I am thankful. I am thankful for all the times I get to spend with my family. And I am thankful for all they do for me and that we will have forever!

Thanks family of mine!

P.S. Check out my facebook page for more photos... come on! You know you want to! :)

2 comments:

Erick said...

Airplane, car, boat, train, and you forgot mini-bus!

Lillybet said...

So glad we had this wonderful fun together. I love exploring the world with family.