This month's photo dump begins with the majestic bald eagles.They've been around our house so much lately! Even three of them one day!
Family outing to the arcade and bowling! W and H had never been to an arcade so this was extra fun to see their reactions.
And June AND Hazel both won the jackpot on this game! That never happens for us, let alone two times!
June had her musical theater and hip hop recital during January. She had her own monologue and then did a dance and singing number with her theater class and then a dance number with hip hop. She did so great! She's really been loving these classes.
We are so grateful for the support from Buck's family!
Ice cream afterwards.
Cheery flowers from my neighbor!
Teaching the gospel analogies with legit keystones
Family celebrations for second Christmas!
Out of anything in the world and beyond, of all the things June could have drawn, she decided to draw someone cliff jumping...? I had no idea she was even aware of this summer past time...
And Hazel really loved the Tree of Life lesson from the scriptures and took it upon herself to make the symbolic white fruit and a rod of iron that you could actually grab.
I love that even the 8 year old still wants all the cuddles she can get with mom and dad.
And June and I got to read one of my favorite childhood books together this past month.
We went to the dinosaur museum! We went with an old friend and the two of us reminisced of the old days when we used to go together all the time with our two oldest kids, who were our only kids at the time.
Sometimes I feel a strange and haunting sadness when I go to these places that I used to go to all of the time back when June and Hazel were little. As I'm making this post I think I see why- It's like walking into a special memory but then realizing that those days are gone, that child has grown, and even though these spaces are still here, those times are not.
I am, however, still so grateful to be able to still go and take my now toddlers to these same places.
And then later that day in my facebook memories showed this old post! That on that same day 6 years ago that same friend and I were at the Dinosaur museum together with June and her son! CRAZY!
CATS!
And to think that I was worried about my kids climbing this?
Living my best life.
Scenes from a Dad's life:
Late night math homework. Ladies and gentlemen- this man does it all!
June held her own yoga session for her friends. Glad to know that someone is getting a work out in in that room. ;)
Some snip-its of childhood:
So excited for cardboard boxes. All of the time!
Rose!
She steals one of these boxes from Buck's parent's house every Sunday night and then sleeps with it and demands we eat it from breakfast the next morning. It's becoming an odd tradition.
So grumpy! Maybe because it was cereal and not mac and cheese?
When the parents are away....
Hazel's dress up concoctions are my favorite.
What teaching independence looks like.
Grocery shopping with half the kids. I should have made this its own blog post because it was nuts. Lost Rose at one point, Johnny begged to "get down!" the whole time and after I did he ran off so I put him back in at the expense of the world's greatest tantrum. Rose knocked down an entire pyramid of
Rock Star soda drinks, the cans rolling every which way and a couple
of them exploding, shooting sticky carbonated fireworks all over the
floor and shelves. She panicked and went to another aisle, crying,
traumatized for life. I tried to simultaneously clean up the mess
while consoling her. It was super fun. So I let them out in the Valentine's section. All in all it was an average trip to the store! ;)
Buck and I went on a date! We finally got to see the new Star Wars and get some dinner. SO fancy.
And another day we got to go to the temple! (on a foggy evening!) Two dates! That's amazing!
In other news, Buck's dad can fall asleep anywhere. I think they should add this category to the Olympics. And Dennis will win.
I had an event for my non profit and this is the only photo I got because I was taking so many video clips haha
Dentist appointment fun.
We had some sunny days! We took advantage.
I guess we also took advantage of a chance to "crunch the snow" too.
Johnny finally loves the girls!
January is the month for baths. Fun bath bombs too like turquoise ones and charcoal ones!
I had a cousin pass away. Here's an old photo I have with him:
His name is Nick and he was a man of the earth- always hiking, going barefoot, making food over fires, and so kind to humans and animals. You will be missed cousin!
The funeral was in Logan. Buck, W, and I went and we got a sitter for the others.
There was a hot chocolate stand we had to stop at and support.
The dinner after the services, they had stacking rocks on each table.
My aunt and cousins loaded me up with canned goods, all from my aunt's gardens, orchards, and vineyard!
The drive home was a treacherous white out blizzard.
Making new friends- having dinner at a family's home from H's church group. I feel so at home meeting new, kind people.
Johnny and Rose ran away one day. I told Buck and we went searching and
truly! They were nowhere to be found! I started to panic.... we went
different ways looking. As I was walking I got a text in the big
group text of women in the neighborhood, I saw that it was a photo
and I just knew it- it was going to be of my kids. And sure enough a
photo of Rose and Johnny holding hands, headed up the middle of the
road towards the busy highway! ACK! I call Buck and we go running. I
see up ahead a few cars stopped and a man out on the sidewalk. I knew
that must be where they were. We're lucky for good people who were
trying to keep them safe. The man said he asked “Where's your mom?”
and Rose replied, “I'm the mom!” and continued on her way,
determined as ever. As we got to them Johnny started to cry like,
“I've been brave but I didn't want to do this! Where have you
been?!” And Rose? She saw me and started running away even faster!
That girl!
I also ran away one night... and went to a hotel with my dear friend Kenzi and we got good food, sat in the hot tub and spent several hours straight just talking about life. And for some reason... this is the only photo we got! HAHA
I have a problem seeing cool skies while driving and then snapping a photo...
And to close- some more responsible photos taken from on our deck. This sunset was completely other worldly! Completely mystical and ethereal.
So there you have it. January. If this post seems extra long it's probably because January is EXTRA LONG.































































































2 comments:
Woah, woah, woah. Hold the phone. You have a drinking fountain in your house in a yoga room?? I need you to blog about this.
I also appreciate that you can run away with a friend for the night and enjoy it and not feel guilty. It is my deepest dream but I can't imagine not feeling immense guilt the whole time. So teach us your ways.
What a full month! I want to see your aunt's pantry. And what were in all the bottles she gave you? Are those brown ones gravy? Also, you guys have an awesome view and I want to come tour the officially finished basement. Last time I saw it, it was close, but not done.
Post a Comment