HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY HAZEL!!!!
You picked out your own outfit for our little photo shoot and I have to say, I love how it turned out. ;)
Now, I have to be careful in what I write so that I don't make anyone else too jealous that they don't get to be your mom. But Hazel, you're pretty fantastic to be around.
The gears in your mind are always working and moving, figuring out how or why things work. You love crafts of any kind and cannot get enough of creating things. And you successfully create things all on your own. You especially love to make maps (pirate maps are your favorite), keys, anything you learn about from the scriptures, stickers, and necklaces.
Your goofy side is still going strong. And you've become such a kind helper. And while you can still be quite a tease, you're also a really sweet sister, big and little.
Looking back on old letters to you, I seem to say some of the same things but it's because they are so true! You give me peace, you don't push my buttons as much as some others can, and you're just so easy and fun to be around.
We've put you through some big changes this past year, but I think it's been for the better. Your heart is even kinder now and you LOVE GOODNESS in the world. You have so much confidence in yourself and I PRAY you always keep that. You love learning about Jesus and Heavenly Father and it's very tender and sweet to hear your logical brain teach me what you are learning.
Don't me wrong, you're still so imperfectly perfect. You like it a bit too much when you bother your siblings and you get reactions from them. You HATE cleaning, anything. (Except when in a good mood you're so apt to help with dishes!) Oh but I don't know Hazel. Over all you're simply great! I can't go on. Because at the end of the day you are polite and silly and kind and wise and fun and an old soul.
We love you so much, what more can we say?
Except Happy Birthday Hazel!
Hazel Quotes:
That [roller]coaster just tossed all the water out of my eyes!
I was teasing hazel about the boy she kissed on the lips when she was in preschool:
“No more kissing boys until you’re 16!”
“What! I was 3 years old, don’t judge me!”
“Mom I’m going to try using these chop stickers!”- hazel
Walking
around with hazel at the cemetery. She says, ‘How old are they?’ And I
said ‘It says they were married for 54 years.’ And she says ‘Whoa,
they’re dead for sure.’
Hazel,
Describing a character from a movie, “She had teal eyes, blonde hair
and skin that was the whitest skin I’ve ever seen,- just like your legs,
mom.”
Pops is old and has a happy tummy!
There’s
two reasons I like back scratches! One: it feels good. Two: it helps to
shed all the dead skin that I couldn’t scratch myself!
June: My favorite word is “Costa Rrrrrrrica!” (Rolling the R’s) Costa Rrrrica, Costa Rrrrrrica!
Moment of silence
Hazel the says, flat tone, "My favorite word is BOB."
Exciting things Hazel did this year:
Took Tumbling
and dance
and soccer
Graduated Preschool
and Started Kindergarten
Got to pet a pig, donkey, chicken, duck, and snake
And catch a fish with her bare hands.
Went to her first concert- Jo Jo Siwa
Rode a real roller coaster
Went boating
and Tubing
Camped in a trailer
and in a Tent
Went to Antelope Canyon
Cleaned a fire truck
Rode a mountain coaster
Bungee jumped on a trampoline
Went to Disneyland!
And the beach!
Went to the ice castles
And many museums
And festivals
And plays
And gained two new sisters!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAZEL!!! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
Birthday interview!
2 comments:
How in the world is she six?! I think at most she could be four. Ha ha! Maybe it's the earrings. When did that happen? Or maybe it's just because she is always at school when we come visit. I loved all the kid quotes. Being dead for sure, Bob and the happy tummy are probably my favorites though. Also, I think your girls are starting to look more and more like you as they get older.
I echo so much of what you say. She still reminds me of princess Merida. That long red hair and that fiery nature of hers combines well with her compassionate, problem-solving, fun loving nature and that’s just like princess Merida.
Post a Comment