Monday, April 9, 2018

Easter Celebrations

To see all the Easter Dress photos CLICK HERE

We've been marathon celebrating so far this year- from two birthdays, to Valentines, St. Patrick's, Celebrate a country, and now, to end for a while, Easter! And Easter was a whole thing, spanning over several days. But it turned out really great and memorable so I'm happy. 

First up, egg dying. In St. Patrick's day shirts.


Then, the whole week leading to Easter Sunday, we did this cool thing from The Small Seed, where once a day you read scriptures, do an activity, and talk about what happened that day in Jesus's life leading up to His atonement, crucifixion, and resurrection. I wont go over every day, but here are some highlights:
The first day is Palm Sunday and I really loved how hard the girls worked on their drawings.
Hazel's:
June's:

One evening for the Last Supper, we had a "Jerusalem dinner" and ate on a blanket, lit candles, and had authentic music playing.

That Saturday we did Easter Baskets and a couple egg hunts- one at home by ourselves, and one at my aunt's house!

Then Sunday we had a morning devotional about the Resurrection and then had a special, but simple breakfast.

We ended the evening at Nana and Pop's for an Easter dinner feast and being with family. And apparently I didn't take any photos of this. (probably because we go there every Sunday for dinner and so it feels like normal life and I space photos sometimes!)

It was a great Easter week this year! It's truly the best holiday with the most special meaning behind it all. I love spending extra time teaching my girls about Jesus Christ. As much anger as there is out there in the world against religions, when it's broken down, really we are simply teaching our girls about the best example of all of how to love others and themselves by teaching them of Christ, about values that every good human values. So hooray for Easter and meaningful holidays! :)

2 comments:

Lillybet said...

Now those are some very color dyed hands and the whisk looks like a great idea to pick an egg up with. I’ll have to try that sometime. And so many eggs after their egg hunts. I especially like the celebrations before Easter. Such a wonderful idea in teaching what it’s all about.

4boyzmdmom said...

I love that Easter bunny dress that Rose is wearing in the photos! It's great that you took the time to focus on the meaning of Easter with your girls!