Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lately- March Madness

I interrupt your regularly scheduled reading about Armenia to bring you the March run-down. 
March was half filled with Armenia, which is earning its own million posts(okay, only two more to go. And thank you for the comments!) But yet, somehow, I've managed to keep busy enough to fill this monthly post as usual. 

These first photos were actually from the very end of February. We went to a birthday party for a dear family member who passed away 15 years ago, but she would have been 50. It was a beautiful party and celebration of a wonderful, full of life woman! And ... there was a photo booth with her old hat collection.

While I was on the other side of the world, facebook knew and change the side of that little globe in the corner there. Something I had never paid attention to while in the states but I noticed it there!

While I was gone and missing Buck's birthday, I tried to plan ahead and make ways for him to still feel like I was kind of there. I had some balloons and a card delivered to him at work, I made that blog post for him here, I planned with my aunt to have the girls make him a cake and cards. But the best part was I had the local movie theater wish him a happy birthday so that he would see it on his way home. And it worked and he saw it!

These photos are from my mom. She was with the girls for three days while I was gone and one of those days she took them on an adventure to find these fairy houses at a nearby park. I never even knew about this! Leave it to my mom....
And they had a picnic.
If you're wondering, Buck's dad watched the girls for two days, Buck had them at nights and on the weekends obviously, and then one day they went to my aunts house and another day to another aunt's house and then three days with my mom. Then Buck took the last day off. Buck learned to braid June's hair, they still went to school, dance, and swimming lessons and had lots of fun doing whatever it is that they did! haha I just realized that I should like, make thank you cards for everyone...

First day home from Armenia. The girls loved their gifts.
Grumpy Hazel

Flying!

My first week back was met with sick kids throwing up. Don't worry, I ended up getting it too a week later.

What I did with the girls and my jet lag at the same time.

Spontaneous dinner at Dennys. We're so crazy.

Family movie outing to see Zootopia. A fun movie!
"Mom! Take my picture!"
One morning I decided it was time to pass along the skills I learned from middle school home-ec and teach the girls to make monkey bread and orange Julius drinks.

But mostly they prefer to make cakes with play doh.

Back to normal life. What does that look like for us? Oh yeah... the dinosaur museum.

Grumpy ice cream consumer.

But she's so happy about her new dance recital outfit!

I've been at a loss as to what to do most days and somehow that keeps resulting in ice cream outings.

Thankful for random play places at stores that make you wait for their products. 

June's turn for a grumpy photo. She didn't want to leave the store I guess.

While Buck and I went on a date the girls decided to decorate for a party. By taping crayons. On the floor.

And what did we do for our date? Well it was right after I had been sick the night before so we changed our plans and I got a refreshing slurpee and then watched Buck eat a nice dinner.

Stick on earrings. A big deal.
Found a better Easter bunny. Hazel still wanted nothing to do with it though. Haha

I'm also thankful for clothing stores who have toys in the dressing rooms.

We lucked out again! It was a rainy day and we had the library all to ourselves.

What a typical evening at home looks like for us. And you?

We spent a day at my friend Kenzi's house. I guess we talked too long and we found the kids in the crib surrounded by the stuffing from a giant polar bear stuffed animal. Kids.

Nap at 5:00 pm in rush hour traffic equals a Hazel who wants to stay awake until 10:00 pm that night.

And that's all for March! What a crazy month! But I can't wait for April and spring and warmer weather!

4 comments:

kenzi said...

Don't worry everyone—the polar bear went to the doctor's office and is well again.

Max and Rebecca said...

Hazel's little pig tail!!!! And I love the crayon decorations!

Lillybet said...

I was laughing at the pictures of the stuffing from the polar bear. I'm glad to know the polar bear has been repaired. Reminds me of the bubble bath incident from years ago. I'm not sure why June thanks that witches don't wear clothes but that's pretty funny. And I suppose ice cream is a fix for any day.

Adrian said...

So many comments for this one. 1. I snuck a peek at that party on Alyse's blog when she posted it. What a cool way to remember her mom! 2. Where are these fairy houses? 3. Is Zootopia worth owning? I was thinking of preordering it. 4. The crayon decorations are amazing! 5. That poor stuffed animal!! I hope it wasn't a family favorite! Haha! What a mess!