Monday, April 18, 2016

Here Comes the Sun

You guys! The sun has been out! Sometimes... but still! It's been warm some days and perfect and dreamy and.... I just love it SO MUCH. And we haven't been wasting any time.

First stop, the mountains with friends.
Digging out a huge rock
She was so proud of her rock.
Throwing rocks at the pretend bears.

Next up, the duck pond! With the same sun appreciating friend!


 And lastly, the lake. This day wasn't actually sunny but it wasn't freezing cold. I just wanted to drive to the lake after the girls dance class to see how the trees were doing but then June begged me to let them out and then Hazel sobbed when it was time to go. So I guess all the outdoor wandering is paying off since they are loving it.
They hunted for the perfect rocks the whole time. 
   I don't know why this photo is red tinted but I'm too lazy to change it.
  A storm was coming!

Then we took the rocks home and I let the girls paint them.
I loved June's creativity in wanting to add sprinkles. Hazel had to do it too, of course.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- SO LONG WINTER!

3 comments:

Adrian said...

Haha! That back rock looks like a maple bar! Fun adventures. We still need to try the mountains with you again.

Max and Rebecca said...

You are the coolest mom! And Hazel's hair is so red...and I'm not just talking about the red tinted picture ;) All of these look like great options for our imaginary visit in August! My boys could hunt for rocks for days!

4boyzmdmom said...

I love sun too! We had some pleasant days this week and I actually got sunburned on my arm because I was sitting with that side toward the sun. I am not complaining, though! It is so nice to be outside!!