Thursday, February 25, 2016

Church History Museum

The other day we did something a little different. Something I probably should have done a while ago but whatever. My friend Adrian had the idea to go to the Church History museum. It's pretty cool and well designed. And the bonus is that they had a children's play section as well. On this outing I actually brought my nice camera but then got there and realized that.... I had left the SD card at home and therefore couldn't even take any photos. So it's phone photos once again!


Then it was warm enough in the sun to go over to Temple Square and eat our lunches. It was a slow day so all the sister missionaries kept stopping to talk to us. June was like "Look mom! There are more missionaries over there! And over there!" haha

 Then we ended the outing by visiting the Jesus statue at the visitor center. The girls were fascinated by the echo of their own voices, more enthralled that there was a man sitting in there with a Santa hat on, and towards the end of this attempted spiritual experience, both June and Hazel were found rolling across the ground. Well, you can't win them all! haha! 

 It was fun to get out and do something different.

1 comment:

4boyzmdmom said...

Yep, my kids would be rolling across the floor when I took them to places like that, too. It's surprising, though, that they still get something spiritual out of it, even when you think they didn't.