You probably know me by now. So you know that I like to find new things to experience in life. Especially when it comes to our date nights. It's been a while since we've been able to do anything too crazy though so we needed to do something to make up for lost time.
So learning how to do some flying trapeze seemed like the best option.
Buck was more nervous about it than I was. I was just excited and thought it looked fun!
We got there and they gave us maybe five minutes of instructions and next thing I knew I was climbing a skinny and wobbly ladder up to a high platform. (and guys, I forgot my nice camera. :( A big bummer! But thank goodness for cell phone cameras as a back up right?)
This was the worst part. Standing there, having to reach out for that bar, hoping the guy behind you is holding you tight enough so you don't plunge. But once you take that leap and start slicing through the air, it's not so bad. But man alive it's exhilarating!
We did this whole thing of swinging down, then putting our knees on the bar and holding on with them while arching our back and then getting back to our hands holding on and then doing a back flip down to the net. There were only 4 other people and it was a two hour class so we each got to do this several times!
The last two times we did the whole thing were someone got on another bar and caught us mid swing. I... didn't do this completely right because I had a hard time thinking of all I needed to do and so I didn't really let go of the bar with my legs like I was suppose to... and now I have some bruises... but I'm glad that I did it! I still feel pretty cool.
But the odd thing was that the more I got up there, the more nervous I got! I have no idea why. Buck was the opposite. The more he did it, the better he got and the more he loved it. Go figure. So his tricks maybe look smoother and more graceful than mine....
https://youtu.be/6Dd1ntOvfw0
It's a date night we'll never forget! I'm glad I was psychically able to do this. You have to take these chances while you can!
The instructors were awesome and I recommend this to anyone who is ever here in Utah! Here is a link to their WEBSITE.
Here's the MASSIVE Olympic training center where it's held. I had no idea this place was here!
And a video of the real deal:
3 comments:
Seriously so cool!
That is so crazy! I don't think I could do it. I'm such a wimp! Good job guys!
I don't think I could do that, either. I'm a totally ninny about heights! But if I weren't so scared, it would be fun, I bet! You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment