Recently June took some swimming lessons for five weeks. She loves to play in the water on her own terms but she is pretty timid over all. Like, washing her hair in the bath is a Shakespearean tragedy. And anyway, the lessons helped! We have a ways to go still but for her she has conquered some big fears already.
One time June got oddly sick. She had this super high fever one day and that was it. I think. A couple days later there was a mild rash but the important thing here is that SHE LIVES.
Hazel still doesn't share a room with June, but soon! Poor girl doesn't have a room until then ;)
One night Buck and I got to have a date! It was unplanned and we ended up at some local Mexican joint for dinner and then meandering though the local farmers market. We were both giddy and flirted sloppily like we were new at it.
Hazel takes a long morning nap. So in an effort to cut down tv time I made June some "cloud dough" so that I could feel like a good mom. It kind of worked.
Hazel is cute to take grocery shopping. People always ask where they "can find one of those to buy!" I laugh but then I think of about 12 sassy remarks I could make.
Potty training is basically done. Basically. But June has ponies she earned anyways.
Wow this was back before the mountains turned into fall colors but here's a photo at the duck pond...
Hazel loves her daddy, even if I am still #1. (as I should be.)
Baby in a maxi skirt / / / / June barefoot in warm rain puddles.
Bakery trip with friends!
Cuddles with June
Cuddles with Hazel
She loves sitting outside and examining leaves and grass. Not sure what we'll do in the winter.
A comparison photo.
June// Hazel
Starting to look different for sure!
In all my efforts to eat more healthy I cannot get rid of sugary cereal. Some have coffee or coke- I have cereal. And a Minnie Mouse shirt nightgown.
Making crafts with fall leaves. Because I'm a cool mom.
Underwear swinging/// baby smiling
Harvesting the few treasures from the garden.
Lots of herbs though!
June and I made Halloween cookies. She picked out the colors for each one.
We went to the Animal Farm one day. They had a Wizard of Oz theme going on.
Fall swing time. June tries to touch the leaves and the sky just like I always did as a kid.
Pumpkin "carving." Or painting. Okay Buck carved his. I made the ugliest painting on earth and June did a cute tye dye thing. We uh, spray painted Hazels.
On Halloween day we went to the Zoo with Buck's cousin Chelsea, who's become a good friend.
Super Chelsea! She had an extra kid that she watches during the day.
Then we went to Buck's work for their Halloween thing. June got lots of candy and treats. Also, the night before we went to the church's trunk or treat and so June already had a lot of candy from that. SUGAR!

She really liked being Goldie Locks so that made me happy. And it was a good Halloween night. We came home and had dinner. Buck was actually home this year (he's been gone the past two years for this holiday at a conference!) So he took June trick or treating in our neighborhood. After that my friend came over too and we all watched Hocus Pocus, a tradition for me and now us. June liked it and wasn't scared either. It was a good night. One year I want to also make a fun spooky dinner. Because I really like holidays.
Anyway, this past weekend my friend Kenzi took me out for lunch. She found this cute tea place and I loved it! So much so that I forgot to take a picture with her, but got one of the tea.
Aaaannnddd one last event. We went to the Curiosity museum this week. June didn't quite get the concept of a puppet show at first. haha
That's all for now!
(I say that like I didn't just spew out 55 photos in one post...)











4 comments:
You have the best photo dumps!
Amen to Rebecca's post. I of course have seen ost of these but I was LOL at the sign about 'Bucks' and the Wizard of Oz picture especially with Hazel as the tin man.
I think the picture of June doing the fall leaf project looks so much like Erin!
Loved the Buck sign too!
No, but, I really do like the photo dumps.
Post a Comment