Friday, April 18, 2014

Get out of the van!

When I was a teenager I thought that family vacations to National Parks or into nature were lame. In fact, half the time I would stay in the van while my family went on hikes.

Can you believe that?!
What was wrong with me?!


Now it seems that all I want to do is get away from it all. I want my girls to grow up knowing nature and silence's beauty.


I'm happy that June can navigate her way around an iPhone and play games but I never want her to find it less boring to go outside and throw rocks in the water.


I figure, if we can't (yet) own the land we want and have our dream home away-from-it-all then we should soak up the amazing surroundings we have.


And now I see that even though I was a stubborn teen, the trips into the fresh air were not in vain. They turned me into the adult that I am now, a woman who loves the outdoors and plans to drag her kids around to National Parks for the rest of their lives until they get it.


 I hope YOU have a weekend; take it, toss it, throw your arms around it. But what ever you do with it- make sure that it's GREAT.
And maybe get out and enjoy some of God's green earth.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

This makes me want to to go up a canyon really bad! So pretty! Also, those princess skirts she is into are killing me! So cute!

Erinlizabeth said...

Seriously. I still have to go back to Glacier National Park to see all the things we missed because you wouldn't do anything. :-P I'm taking you with me!

4boyzmdmom said...

I always LOVED visiting National Parks. Now I don't think I get out as much as you do. Ironic!