Here's the thing. I'm kind of stressing about the fact that the month of June is almost OVER. GAH! Summer will be gone before I know it! And then it will be winter again and I was so patient and calm and endured this past cold, awful, snowy winter and I feel like that deserves a slow summer. The slowest.
If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of obsessed with living life as fully as possible. I want to take any moment and opportunity I have! So then I wonder if I have let too much time slip by and therefore missed some golden days to do some epic things.
I mean, I'm not pregnant. But what if I have a kid next year? Things will never be the same. This extra year with just June is a gift of time I will never see again- and I worry that I haven't been carpe-ing enough diem. I have this one daughter and we have our routine down pretty good. There should be lots of room for adventures, right? There have been some opportunities to do crazy and spontaneous things but I keep choosing the boring adult things! AHHH!
Basically it comes down to the fact that I hate winter and I feel like it is 7 months long and that summer is only 2 1/2 months long.
So maybe I'm a little tragic. But such is the life of a day seizer. Sometimes panic explodes with normality. But, really, I like all of the normality in my life. So I need to embrace it and calm the heck down, right?
sigh*
summer.




4 comments:
AH!! I have the same POV of winter = 7 months and summer is only 2.5!! It's true about embracing the calmness of things. Let June be your example of how much joy IS found in the simple moments/activities. That girl looks like she's having the time of her life in those four inches of water :D She'd have her private bubble lagoon over the noisy crowds at seven peaks any day! You're doing great :)
No, I feel you. This whole year has been me ignoring "grown up things" so I can do fun things with Georgia. Because really, this next little baby will come and we're gonna be down for the count for a while around here (as such is life with newborns).
Also, Georgia just told me she wants to go swimming with June.
Well, I'm with you on the "winter is too long and summer is too short" thing, totally! But trust me, you do so many fun things! I think you have been taking full advantage of the time you have to be a mom. I read your blog and I envy you...when my oldest was a baby I was working...part time for the first four months and full time after that for another year. I missed so much, and I hated it! Even when I was home I didn't get to play with him enough because I was trying to catch up on laundry and grocery shopping and all that stuff. Did I mention I had a very demanding church calling the whole time? I was one stressed mommy! Gratefully, I got more time with my other three babies, but that one on one mommy time? Never happened for me! (And I think he turned out ok! :) ) You are doing so great!
Well, I'm with you on the "winter is too long and summer is too short" thing, totally! But trust me, you do so many fun things! I think you have been taking full advantage of the time you have to be a mom. I read your blog and I envy you...when my oldest was a baby I was working...part time for the first four months and full time after that for another year. I missed so much, and I hated it! Even when I was home I didn't get to play with him enough because I was trying to catch up on laundry and grocery shopping and all that stuff. Did I mention I had a very demanding church calling the whole time? I was one stressed mommy! Gratefully, I got more time with my other three babies, but that one on one mommy time? Never happened for me! (And I think he turned out ok! :) ) You are doing so great!
Post a Comment