Rebecca and I were companions on the mission, twice, and we have always been close friends since.
Then her and her husband, Max, lived in Utah for a time while we lived here also, and so we used to hang out all the time. Then they moved to back Oregon, where they grew up. We've been wanting to visit for a couple years now! I felt bad that I was going without Buck but in the end he wouldn't have been able to take the time off to come nor could we have afforded two plane tickets. So this was my one chance! )Plus they have one son right now just a little bit younger than June and the plan is for them to get married one day.) ;)
The flight there was simple. June and I had our own row and the view was marvelous.
![]() |
| Mt. Hood |
When we got there, we were greeted with red balloons! June was sooo happy. Balloons and a friend her age?! Wonderful.
After the kids took a nap (and can I just point out now that they were pretty much perfectly scheduled with their naps and bed times? It was amazing) we went on a little hike in the forest.
Charlie and June booked it down the trail. haha Most of the time all we saw were their backs as they ran.
After dinner that evening we went to the rose gardens. This was a highlight for me. There were acres of roses, roses, and roses!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!! So much color and fragrance!! And it was free!!
LOOK AT THIS!!!! I hope my heaven looks like this.
GAH! So beautiful! There are no words really. And as you can see, there weren't very many people there either.
Late that night after the babies were in bed, Rebecca and I made a donut run. Very important thing to do.
And then I talked her into going to this place. What can I say? It's a life goal of mine to have my palms read. This place was pretty shady and as we were getting out of the car Rebecca said, "Are you sure...? I mean, we have children at home to think about!" haha I guess the creepy green lights and bared windows were a bit much. Luckily nobody answered the door.... sometimes I think I'm 21 again and care free. But Rebecca was right, we have kids to think about now. :)
And that was day one (of four)! Thanks for reading!























5 comments:
So Much Fun!!! and it makes it even better that you can document the whole thing with beautiful photos!
I can't wait to see more from your trip. And those roses...breathtaking even in photos!
Can't. Handle. All. The. Cute. Smiles. And that rose garden is now on my bucket list.
We'll take you in any day Erin!
Rebecca, you don't know me, but can I come visit the rose garden too? ;) Yes, I want my heaven to look like that also!
Post a Comment