Monday, November 5, 2012

Girls Week

This past week Buck went to a conference for his career in Kentucky. It was over Halloween and I hated it. We had never been away from each other like this since being married so I was nervous. But I knew that it would be good for me at the same time and I was excited to feel the passion of missing him.

And luckily my mom came to save the week.


Tuesday morning Buck left. And my mom wasn't coming till the next morning. But that day June and I were lucky enough to get invited to my brother in law's work party. June was so cute holding her Uncle Ben's hand through all the Halloween party-craziness. June stole the show in her little witch costume.



I know this next photo is blurry but it was the best moment ever.

Ben's pumpkin

That evening we went and spent dinner at my friend Emily's house. Then it was off to our lonely little home for the night. It was weird not having Buck around. I didn't like it one bit.

But thankfully my mom was coming the next morning!

 So after my voice lessons I had some time to kill in Salt Lake before my mom's flight got in. To kill said time I went to an Armenian store that I had been hearing about. It was amazing! So many legit things from Armenia! I will be going back again and again. It was also fun to speak Armenian, of course. The lady said that she had only seen boys come in that said they served in Armenia and that I was the first girl. So I felt special. :)

The loot.

Afterwards I went to City Creek Mall with Carrie and Georgia. We window shopped. (mostly....) And that was good.

Then my mommy came. For Halloween we played outside for a while. Then we went grocery shopping. Because we are festive like that.


We got back and I took June Trick or Treating at a few of the houses in the neighborhood. And can I just say that the weather was the most glorious Halloween weather I've ever experienced? Normally it get super cold and you have to wear some huge coat that ruins your costume but this Halloween? 75 degrees baby.

We got three big bags of candy to hand out but ran out and ended up having to turn some kids away! I felt so bad- I had no idea we would get so many kids! It was kind of a bummer too- I got candy I loved in case there were left overs... oh well!

The next day we met my aunts and Grandma for a girls lunch. I forgot to take a picture but if I had remembered this is what it would have looked like:


 Except that we didn't eat on a dock at the lake.... we ate inside at Kneaders. Oh and we look nothing like this. But we were happy!

Then after that my mom spoiled me and sent me to a SPA where I got a sugar foot scrub, an aroma therapy hot stone massage and then a session in the infrared sauna!! It was the. Best. I have no idea why I'm so blessed. No idea.


We spent more time in the yard later on and June was loving the Grandma time and the leaves.







Oh and both nights my mom made me amazing dinners. I know. I'm spoiled.  And we watched this British show every night before bed.

The last full day, Friday, we woke up and drove to Midway Utah to swim in the crater. It was so fun! The water was so warm (and the day and weather was still lovely anyways) and there were hardly any people there. At first June hated her life jacket but once she was in the water she was happy. She even explored into the deep part.








We had lunch in the Swiss town and then headed home. And while June took a nap- I took a nap! I haven't taken a nap, since, like, maybe 15 months ago. (I've tried many time but always fail)

That night we went shopping at a billion places (what mom trip would be complete without it?) and got dinner at Olive Garden.

Saturday morning came too fast and I took my mom to the airport. Thankfully we had a family game day to go to with my cousins at my uncle's house to pass the time until Buck got home that night at 8:00.

And what a happy 8:00 p.m. it was when he got home!
And he got me a souvenir from Kentucky.



He knows me so well.
(I wanted this hat at Disneyworld two years ago and he didn't get it for me, haha, and so when he saw it there he knew what he had to do! Said he's been feeling guilty for two years. ha!)

I'm glad my mom was here so that the week went fast. It was also nice to feel special and taken care of. My mom is obviously the best. (and Buck's mom ;) )

And Buck came home with all sorts of crazy new ideas for our future. Now to figure all that out!

4 comments:

RAQ said...

great post! glad you survived...actually thrived with mom there! aren't we grateful for moms! love the astronaut hat/helmet thingy...so Anna:)

Jodi said...

love it. you have a glorious life.

audrey said...

husbands being gone stinks. moms rock. i'm glad your mom was able to come!

4boyzmdmom said...

I always hate it when Frank has to travel, even now. Although thankfully he hardly ever has to travel anymore. (He used to travel 3 weeks out of 4...back when I had 3 boys age 4 and under, including a new born. Sadly, my mom was never able to come either.) Good job surviving!

Hahaha...I always buy the candy I like too, hoping for leftovers! We always give away the cheap, not very yummy candy first (like dum dum pops) and save the chocolate for last! We don't get many trick or treaters in our neighborhood (all the kids have grown up now) so we always have left overs. Which is bad when you are trying not to gain a bunch of weight. We had yucky weather this year. That helmet is awesome! I made an astronaunt costume for Seth that is pretty great, I think, but the helmet is nowhere near that good.