Somethings not photographed are a couple days at the pool. Still loving that and the summer sun.
And
June got to go to two Kindermusik classes. The first one June and I both kind of stared at the sing-song lady in disbelief but the second class ended up being really fun- probably because it ended up being a class just for June... and anyway, that was that.
We are trying to take advantage of the summer and play outside as much as possible. It gets pretty dang hot though during the day and it's hard on June but she has a water table, kiddie pool and swing and she loves being back in the yard. In all her naked glory.
We hang out a few times a week with Emily and Elliot. Emily lives around the corner and is in the ward. She has a 18 month old boy, Elliot and they have really become some of our greatest friends! Here are some photos of us getting snow cones!
I look AWESOME. And June had got her eye on the prize!
Then there are 2$ Tuesdays this month at Thanksgiving point so the four of us ventured to see the dinosaur museum. Which was fun, of course.
Last Thursday Buck and I got to go on a, um, interesting date. Well it started with a very normal dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. And then we finally used an old groupon to go see the "cosmic light show" at the planetarium in Salt Lake City. It was so trippy!! They blasted loud rock songs and showed all these psychedelic images. Sometimes it felt like we were spinning upside down. And the images, were just, I don't know- crazy. Like, really crazy. Whoever made them had to have been on drugs. But it was fun/funny. Good date.
Under the dome
Playing at the science museum afterwards...
On the moon!
And on Mars!
So we have the best neighbor and he brings us food from his garden every week! And it tastes so gooood. I have been getting creative to get nutrition in June, our little fruit bat. I've made vegetable muffins and cookies. I made yogurt Popsicles (she loves cold treats) with spinach and fresh fruit. I even made a popsicle out of some of her old baby food, I thought I was sneaky- sweet potatoes, squash, and banana! It's actually not bad... for baby food.
June and I enjoy going on walks in the morning. Today I picked her a rose and she just held it in her hand for such a long time! I guess my efforts to teach her to "be soft" with nature is working! (or it was luck...)
First we got Mexican food.
Then we went swimming at the lake
Then we got ice cream and sat in the hot tub. Then we watched Miss Congeniality and passed out. It was a lot of fun. Love me some girl talk.
Also. On Saturday we ended up having a big meal made on the grill with some friends. My cousin Alyse and her husband John came and then our friend Kathryn and her little family was visiting from Seattle and so we all got to hang out and eat. I wish that I would have been taking some photos but I'm telling you, my brain is needing some seriously sleep.
So that's about it... been busy but tired! Our anniversary is coming up soon and then family is coming and Buck starts school for his last year! AHH! So it's going to keep on being crazy.
I've really, really, really, really been loving our time right now. It's been warm and summery, Buck has been off school and therefore less busy and stressed, and I'm really enjoying this age with June. Does anyone else get nervous when life is too good? You know, that maybe there's a big trial around the corner? Calm before the storm? Anyone? Well, I had a talk with God and I told him that I was okay with life being so nice and that I will compel to humble myself without some sad trial. haha! We'll see.
Peace out!












3 comments:
yes, the peace before school starts up again, and all the other stuff that is stressful like kids that grow up and are busy and have big decisions and friend problems and not enough money to replace one thing or another that is broken or worn out...enjoy this time because so many can't wait until their kid goes to school but really life is so much more simple before then and if you have more kids it gets exponentially crazier! Love the photos you did post!
PS I hope I didn't come across as a Debby Downer! Can you tell school and sports all start up soon?
haha! I know that you are happy and love your life right now too. ;) Not a "Debby downer"
Yes, sleep deprivation can seriously affect your life / mood / motivation! I hope you start sleeping better soon. And yes, I also sometimes get nervous when life is going too well...you're not the only one! ;)
Post a Comment