Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lunarious


I woke up right after the first bite had been taken. I was excited to see my first lunar eclipse. As the earth’s shadow devoured the light I realized that my heart was pounding hard and I could feel the pulse in my ears. I was nervous. It was as if God Himself was erasing the moon from His holy canvas. What if He chose not to draw it back again? What would we do without our silver sentinel each night?
And with that- it was gone. A small chorus of morning stars rushed the empty stage as the denim sky sunk the invisible moon. Somehow I felt apart of the alignment, sandwiched in. From the sun to the earth to me up to the moon.

 Taken when the last sliver of moon was left, right before it all disappeared.

3 comments:

Lillybet said...

Pretty cool picture. I am sad I didn't see it because I didn't know it was happening. This reminds me of a day back in the 60's. I was probably in the 3rd or 4th grade in Provo. There was going to be a science show somewhere close by our gradeschool on State street and they were going to be displaying rocks from the Moon brought back from the recent landing on the Moon. It was so exciting and even magical for me to see the rocks. What we did as a nation to land on the moon to me is still quite miraculous and amazing. Where have we lost that magic?

4boyzmdmom said...

Frank told me about the lunar eclipse but then he added that it would not be visible at our end of the country--I was bummed!

Great writing--I love the way you described this event. I could "see" it!

RAQ said...

cool post!