Friday night we walked to the carnival and wandered around. Couldn't get a snow cone or cotton candy because they only took cash and couldn't ride the rides because, well, rusty middle of the street carnival rides probably aren't worth the risk at this point in pregnancy. So we enjoyed wandering and observing. Although, all the teenagers smoking and wearing short shorts made us anxious to have one of those one day. Guess we are old fuddy duddies.... (yeah, I said it)
| yep. middle of the road |
![]() |
| Yep. Swinging cows in as decor. Doesn't get better than this! |
Then we escaped and went to the "early bird" special movie and saw "Super 8" and we really liked it. Also, we found this arcade game.
Then that afternoon we got to walk to the park and go see the antique car show that was also apart of the steel celebrations. We both picked a car out for each other titled "if you were an antique car you would be this one."
This is the car I picked for Buck
Ah wooo gah!
And Buck picked this for me.
There is my 36 week belly in all its glory.
That night we were able to watch the firework show from our driveway. So many fireworks this July! We aren't even to pioneer day yet!
And aside from the fun we did a TON of stuff around the house and grocery shopping and all that stuff. Our yard work progression has been stalled by many thunderstorms so that is next. But now I'm getting into too much detail....
The point is, it was a busy weekend but we're excited for "Steel days" of randomness next year. What a gem of a city we found to live in. ;)




6 comments:
Hahaha...you're already thinking like parents!!! Big Buck World...that is priceless! You are lucky to have all those fireworks. The show here on the 4th was short (but we didn't mind much since it was raining and we were getting very wet). There are lots of fireworks here for baseball games and carnivals and the like, but there are too many trees so we can't see them from our house. We can hear them, but we can't see them...which is torture for a fireworks lover like me!
Welcome to American Fork! :)
Oooohh I like the car Buck picked for you! I want to go to a carnival now. Cotton candy sounds great to me aaaand a slurpee. The town you live in sounds so funny, kind of reminds me of Stars Hollow? Are you a Gilmore Girls fan? If not, you should be.
You will come see that every little town around here has a "DAYS" over summer! It attracts tourists. I find it endearing. And you are sounding like a parent:) It's kind of freaky when you start sounding like your parents, huh? :0
Welcome to American Fork! It really is a lovely place to live (for Utah!) When I saw the carnival going up, I thought, "Anna will love this and I bet she doesn't know about it!" Do I know you or what? Next year you can take June-bug on the carousel!! Did you see Janna and Maddie march by in the parade with the AF marching band? They have a breakfast in the A Fresh Market parking lot right before the parade, too. Next year you can check that out (assuming June starts sleeping better by then!!)
P.S. Steel plantation? You are funny! Steel plant--Geneva Steel--used to be down by Utah Lake. But not really in American Fork so I'm not sure why American Fork decided to claim it for Steel Days.
Post a Comment