Yes. That dear old groundhog didn't see his shadow!!!
You should watch them (you know, the official groundhog day people...) announce it. The crowd actually cheers and then they begin to shout out their love for the groundhog.
Does that EVER happen when he see's his shadow? Ever? NO. So all you defenders of winter, see here- the world wants warmth. Give up your platform.
Can you imagine it!? Actually having SPRING? I haven't seen that season since maybe 2004. Rexburg definitely does NOT have a spring, neither did Armenia, and judging by last year- Utah also has no such thing. These places mostly seem to have a long winter that takes up most of the year and then a random couple months of glorious summer. Although Utah does seem to have an autumn, which was good.
But I will believe. I believe in the groundhog like a child believes in Santa Clause. I believe in warmth and color.
2011.
It's your time to shine.
[A little side note,
While I understand the logic of the groundhog and his shadow
I still at the same time, do not.
If he sees his shadow doesn't that mean that the sun is out,
therefore pointing towards spring and summer?
Whereas if there is no shadow
then one could assume
that it is still cloudy and cold,
no sign of the warm sun.
I think my logic is better.
Just saying.
thank you for your time.]


2 comments:
I was also thrilled that the groundhog didn't see it's shadow, and you're right--it's backwards. Evidentally, if the weather is nice and sunny on February 2nd, it is just a fluke because spring is still far away.
I don't really believe in the groundhog thing, either, but I always feel unreasonably cheerful when he doesn't see his shadow! And as you said--it's all backwards. I've always thought that! I'm glad someone else sees it that way!
Hooray for spring!!!
And Maryland definitely has spring. You should come visit!
Post a Comment