So come with me now into my haven:
Buck and I talk a lot about what we want in our home someday and where we want it.
Since it would seem that I am destined to live somewhere cold and mountainous (*sigh. one day beach, one day) I have decided to live it up. Why not go all the way and live up in the mountains and embrace it.
So a cabin it is. We both really like this dream. We also both feel so happy and right whenever we go to small towns. So we hope to end somewhere out-of-the-way. But still close enough to some city. The best of both worlds!
So what about this cabin? Don't mind if we do!
Or this grand old thing. Ha, maybe not, but this is my dream remember?
At any rate we will have neighbors like these:
So since I will be stranded in the winters with snow up to my ...my.... skull... I figure that I might as well have a sauna in my house. The Finnish people do it? Why not me?
![]() |
| Chic? |
![]() | ||||
| Or rugged home built sauna. Either way. |
Hahahaha. I guess it's suppose to be some sort of portable infrared sauna. (I laugh now, but one day I may want it.)
And then to fight those winter/I'm never going to live at the beach blues, I have a BIG dream of having a tropical green house right there for me to enjoy. I will cultivate my green thumb and make an oasis!
![]() |
Check this out! Small enough to (maybe) afford and built into the house and scenery!
![]() |
| So it wont be this big, but you get the idea |
![]() |
| and sure, why not add a tea parlor? |
Next up is for the summer, the glorious heaven made summer. I have a life goal to own my own wild flower meadow. I always want to go in them but it seems everyone else owns them instead, and lots of wired fences. So fine. I'll make my own.
Can't you just imagine it?!
I can....
And then one of my long time goals will become a reality. To have a hammock in my living room. Why don't more people do this?
![]() |
| I always thought that I would do this... |
![]() |
| Until I saw THIS. The god of all hammocks! |
Garden
And a large food and emergency storage room
But we also want things like a WELL, and a WINDMILL, and SOLAR PANELS. Excessive you say? We'll just see when the world turns OFF how excessive you'll think we are then...
AND to top it all off- we will have two horses. For good measure, company, and a form of transportation if needed.
![]() |
| I REALLY want a white one! |
So to boot, why not add a....
So you see, we will be prepared and happy and smog free. Life in the open air we say. Get away from the busy life. And how will Buck's profession ever fit into a small town? Well, minor details... We'll work that out later...
The point is that this is our dream, and currently one that's stuck in my mind.
And if anyone actually looked through this whole thing, well, then you're welcome to come stay with us anytime!



















7 comments:
i'll need a room reservation... :) the portable sauna sold me
Glad to know I'm welcom ;)
My cousins have a sauna shack in their backyard...I think it's a great idea!
I have always wanted a field of wild flowers! Some day, some day! I like your dreams.
I will definitely come spend the winters with you! It is so fun to dream...although something tells me you will actually make a lot of those dreams come true!
We've always wanted to build a log cabin house, by the way. Maybe someday!
I soooo love it! But wait - I have just found one more thing you need - an artificial leaf that generates all the electricity you need by sticking it into a bucket of water - really! See my blog - Starlight, Wishes and Dreams.
That sounds glorious!!!
Post a Comment