Celebrating: Valentines Day, our 6th month anniversary, and us.
So. We waited to mainly celebrate Valentines Day this past weekend because Buck had a couple days off of work which= best weekend ever. Thursday night after he got home from work he kidnapped me and we went to Midway Utah- the MOST random town around. It is all Swiss and stuff and small and perfect and in the mountains.
That night we got to see these:
Ice Castles!
![]() |
| Brrr! |
And then we got to eat pizza and draw on the tables. I am not an artist and whenever I attempt to draw anything it entertains me because it looks so goofy. Like especially the lips I tried to draw on Buck's face here. I laughed for a while.
![]() |
| "Grrr" |
Then we stayed at this fantastic place: (It was hard to capture how it was because there are little cottages all over and it's really spread out, but here are some of the shots)
And we did this:
In this:
And then the next day we went into a crater where you swim in natural warm spring water. It goes deep and lots of people actually scuba dive here.
And then Buck surprised me some more and helped me to check off a life goal. Now, this is a RANDOM life goal, even for me. There is a reason it came about a couple years ago but I wont go into it. Just know this: We played "Twister" on a frozen lake. Check!
And I won! (Because I knocked him over...)
And then we met a man on the ice who was ice fishing and he taught us how and we got to see him reel in a fish and then he let us drill a hole in the 12 inch thick ice.
Then we went to an awesome antique store and made friends with the inhabitants therein:
And then. We impulsively went and paid for an ultrasound to find out the gender of our baby... (seemed like EVERYONE knew but us what they were having. We became impatient.) (Ok so we always were)
And
Its
A
GIRL!!!
And after that we went home. Put up our tent and our stars in our living room, ate tin foil dinners, or "hobo dinners" and then had s'mores. And then we watched "Casablanca" in the tent, because for some strange reason I had never seen it. Oh oh oh! And I got to burn the incense that I got in Alaska last year. Normally we don't burn incense but THIS incense smells just like campfire. I bought it specifically for moments such as this night.
![]() |
| And our cat went BERSERK all night. He thought the tent was the worlds largest cat toy at his disposal. We had to relocate back to the bedroom by the time 2:00 am rolled around. |
And, luckily for you, this is where the pictures stop, which really, is probably for the best. (seeing as there are so many as it is.)
But Saturday we went to the temple (which was great after my bloody nose stopped...) and then got to go eat Sushi!!!! Oh I'm so addicted! And even though there are many rolls, including my favorite, that I cannot eat due pregnancy there is one roll that I CAN eat. And I get it all the time right now. (Truth: We actually had some sushi the day before this as well. But by the time Saturday night rolled around I craved another fix.)
We also went and visited our Armenian friends who recently moved here.
Sunday we enjoyed church (except I still kind of have a bad, overly emotional attitude about my new calling...) (I'm working on it) and then we came home and sang songs together, made cookies, painted, and had a grand old time hiding away from the world.
And then Monday. We had a movie marathon day. Got to eat pizza! But we did take a break and go to the store where I found one of my childhood science fair projects for only four dollars! YES! I got TRIOPS!
And FOUR of them hatched but today I sadly report that three have died and now only one lives on. I've named him T-Bone. They only live for a few weeks but can get up to an inch long!
So that was our fantastic weekend getaway/stay-cation/whatever you want to call it WEEKEND. I wish Buck had every day off. I really do. He is my best friend and I never get sick of him. And I know we have a long time together but I really don't think that I ever will tire of his company. And I'm not just saying this because I am blogging and want to look happy. Really, I just am.








9 comments:
Jealous! This sounds amazing!
A girl yay! Love reading your fun adventures!
Oh my goodness, this was like the most rad and fun-filled staycation/weekend EVER. I can't wait to see baby girl! Buck sure does spoil you! :)
You guys have way too much fun!! Triops are gross though : )
I liked your Valentine's photos...I just didn't have time to comment. I do not like sushi! How can you like sushi? Congrats on the baby girl!
WHERE'S THE PREGNANT PICTURE!!
You guys are so great! Seriously. This had me all teary.
Congrats on the baby girl! How fun!
Lets be friends.
YEA A GIRL!!! My sister is preg, my sister in law, my friend katrina, you..... all with girls! Crazy! So exciting and i'm jealous of the amazing ramdom wonderful adventures you have. Love you!
Such a fun spontaneous weekend! I need more of those in my life.
Post a Comment