Carrie and Scott took us down to Sanaquin Utah (I know, where the devil is that?) to go get apples and cider at some red barn. The town was small and turns out there was a red barn. And in that red barn there was ice cream and apples and cider and squeaky cheese. What more could we ask for?
And THEN after that we decided to go driving and get a little lost. We were successfully in the middle of nowhere when we saw some bizarre bunker/old mine of some sort on the side of the mountain. So naturally we climbed up to it, pregnant and all. (Carrie and me both being thus- with buns in our ovens)
| Aw, see scott helping his pregnant wife up the slope? |
| We love these kinds of pictures |
| Geez, what did this mom do to earn that remark? |
| She's further along than me. Me: 14 weeks. Her: 18 |
It's felt like a while since we've had any spontaneous adventuring, so this was marvelous.
Then after that Buck and I went to see "Phantom of the Opera" which was being preformed at Pleasant Grove High school (I know! Who even knew that it had been released for amateur theater?!) Alyse's brothers were in the play so we went to support, thinking it might be entertaining to see a high school attempt something so large.
But WOW. I have no idea what even happened! But they did SOOO GOOD! The sets were unbelievable, I was so soo surprised- it looked professional! And the actors and actresses, especially the leads were stunning! And really, I know a bit about these things, I wasn't some naive audience member. Only in Utah would you find that much talent in one high school. No but really. I felt like we were watching a professional play (only done by teens.) I decided that it is more fulfilling (and drastically cheaper) to go to that rather than the Broadway production itself- because with Broadway you just expect the talent and sets to be perfect but at a high school play? I got to be impressed and amazed the whole time. It was TOTALLY worth it. GO SEE IT. (If you can.)
2 comments:
cute! I love the pic of you and carrie at the top. Look at you pregnant adventureerrrs.. keep taking fun pics I want to see that belly when it begins growing!
Scott and Tanner's high school is doing Phantom of the Opera soon...Scott is in the tech theater class and helping build the sets! Too bad he can't go see it to get some ideas!
Post a Comment