Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I AM home for Christmas!

December 26, 2008
We did all the family traditions. Big Christmas Eve dinner. Read the bible story of Jesus’s birth. Got new pajamas. It even snowed. Most people pray for a white Christmas. Except me. Well, with my new found wrath against winter, I would rather be surrounded by white sandy beaches.
However, between you and me, the other night as we were out caroling in the snow I felt somewhere deep (very deep) inside of me that I wanted to actually admit that the snow was beautiful. Almost. But then that would be some sort of a surrender to the cold and I can’t do it.
But still, it seems to me that snow is beautiful in the same way that silence is. It adds wonder. A chance to imagine. And on top of that, it sparkles. Not even I can argue with that.
And while I’m being honest, let’s admit it, the fields and yards and parks that are full of virgin snow hold some sort of purity- full of glitter that just feel from God’s very hands. It’s the dilemma of every one who passes. Do we touch it? Be the first one to touch something no man has ever touched before? Or do we leave it there in all it’s sacred whiteness? To leave footprints and steal the snowfall’s virtue and chastity or leave it naive and clean? Hmmmm…

I can’t even believe that I am writing this much about snow.

Moving on.

2 comments:

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

Snow. Wolf in sheep's clothing? ;) perfect descriptions, once again!

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

Snow. Wolf in sheep's clothing? ;) perfect descriptions, once again!