Back at the salt cave again. This time
for a sound bath. It's this experience where you lay there and listen to someone play
the crystal bowls. These bowls are made of crystals and gemstones and they spin around the rims with a soft mallet. The sound is piercing. It's a strange sensation and the sound fills your
mind and bounces from ear to ear and cleanses your mind of all other
sounds and distractions. Mostly I love these things because they are new
to me and interesting. I just like new things! I had tons of questions
afterwards. So I'm not sure how silent and meditative I get since my mind gets buzzing with thoughts.
Instruments and cultures are so beautifully intertwined and inseparable. For all of the earth's history man has hallowed out wood, stretched out hides, hammered metals and welded them, molded tins, punched holes into tiny tunnels, carved, and spun strings and hairs across glossy timbers. All to create music. To pound, strum, or channel wind. To sing and give life to those objects. Pulling heaven down to earth, giving balm to our pains, and speaking truths that have no human words.
Instruments and cultures are so beautifully intertwined and inseparable. For all of the earth's history man has hallowed out wood, stretched out hides, hammered metals and welded them, molded tins, punched holes into tiny tunnels, carved, and spun strings and hairs across glossy timbers. All to create music. To pound, strum, or channel wind. To sing and give life to those objects. Pulling heaven down to earth, giving balm to our pains, and speaking truths that have no human words.
The woman also washed over each of us with this chime. It was so meek, delicate, and calming. Tingling past and covering me with instant peace and relaxation. A thought came to me at once, "I need one of these for my children! To use on them whenever they are out of control with their emotions!" ;) So that's exactly what I did. I went home and found one online and bought it. We've been using it since and it's been really successful actually! The kids even start to jingle it when Buck or I are feeling frustrated. Rose even knows the drill, once she hears it singing she takes a deep breath.
We also enjoyed learning more about the pink salt from the owner of the salt cave. I'm not a total hippy yet, but I think it's cool to learn about the ways the earth can heal us and make us better than we are. I'm grateful for Utah and all it's random experiences and variety that it provides and for humans and all their varied interests and passions. What a joy it is to learn about all different ways of life. 💛
1 comment:
Kelia Joy Dean
That sounds amazing!!!
What's the link to the one you found online? I think I need one.
Post a Comment