Happy Birthday you big lug.
Can you believe it? You're 35! That's like, kind of old. Kind of. I mean if I said that to an 80 year old they would laugh but I met you when I was 21 so 35 feels kind of insane. But you've got some great grey hairs coming in and that must mean that it's time for us to truly grow up.
Can you believe it? You're 35! That's like, kind of old. Kind of. I mean if I said that to an 80 year old they would laugh but I met you when I was 21 so 35 feels kind of insane. But you've got some great grey hairs coming in and that must mean that it's time for us to truly grow up.
I hope you're feeling accomplished when you think back on your past 35 years. I mean, you've done a lot! You were BORN and learned to walk and eat food. You went to school, got your brother in lots of trouble, had a high school girl friend, drove a mustang, moved from state to state, found God, found me, and found yourself with FOUR crazy children that call you "daddy." And you've done a marvelous job at providing for us all in every way.
So to celebrate here's 35 things I hope will happen in the next 35 years:
1) Your hair will finish its silver transformation
2) We'll travel
3) To Ireland
4) And the Maldives
5) Tanzania
6) Mostly that we'll go everywhere
7) And serve a senior mission together in Armenia
8) That we'll go skiing together
9) And perfect the recipe for chocolate chip cookies
10) We'll start our own little business, on the side anyway
11) And that you'll really get to make lots of things out of wood
12) And one day take up water color painting
13) We'll becoming a hard core back-backing-wilderness family
14) Maybe we can learn to pilot a hot air balloon together
15) And hike to base camp. Just base camp though
16) I think we should try out one more pet one day
17) And have the best emergency preparedness kits tucked away
18) Let's serve lots and lots of people
19) Continue Pizza-movie night together even when the kids are gone
20) Learn to grow lots of plants indoors and outdoors
21) And have the most impressive, weed free garden
22) I hope we start to hold hands again all the time once they aren't so busy with little kids
23) And that cuddling, winks, and pinches on the tush will be an astronomical number
24) We will have grandchildren
25) And so many printed photo albums
26) You will love your career but retire debt free by age 55 ;)
27) By then hopefully we will have been able to go on a trip into space
28) I like to say that nothing bad will happen but it will and I hope we find the good from all life's trials.
29) And really get a hold on our health and be super fit old people
30) We'll touch all the oceans and seas
31) Finish reading that F. Scott Fitzgerald book together
34) Have a hobby together
and
35) Finally find a game that we love to play together all of the time
Because, what more could you ever want out of this life, right?
I love you. I've been around for 13 of your 35 years but also I'm in this for forever so that means no beginning or end so I think that's why it's feels like I've always known you. It wouldn't be a true love letter if I didn't end it with a sappy line, right? I hear that 35 year olds appreciate that kind of stuff. ;) I also hear that they really love seeing a bunch of photos of themselves from the past year.
Happy Birthday Buck!























3 comments:
I hope Buck has a great birthday!! I'm sure you've planned some fun things for him!
4 kids at 35 and lives to tell the tale. Impressive.
Happy Birthday to Buck! We sure are glad he was born too! And I'm glad Charlie made it into Buck's birthday post! Also, I want to steal, like, all of those goals. cool? okay!
Post a Comment