Thursday, March 28, 2019

Date Night- Cheese Tasting!

For our march date (although, lucky us, it wasn't the only date that month!) we went out to a dairy/creamery in Midway to do a cheese tasting night. Buck and I really love cheese, and strong cheeses at that. The event had us trying 20 different kinds without knowing what they were. We got to write down notes about each flavor and rate our favorites. Afterwards they revealed what each flavor was and then gave us some pairings of cheese with crackers, chocolates, jams, and vinaigrette. There was also a tour of the creamery. 


The whole thing was kind of funny. Really they need user testing data to know what flavors to make and keep and so they get US to pay THEM to do this work for them. Pretty brilliant of them. haha

And of course afterwards we HAD to but a bunch of cheese to take home. We may have a problem. 

 It was a fun night and it was a beautiful drive there and back through the canyon as well with good conversations. I don't think we would survive parenthood together if it weren't for these date nights.  

2 comments:

Anna Harrison said...

Mollie Petty said:
"What a great post! Reminds me that My boyfriend and I need to do better w dates. What a great DATE! Astute point about making your focus groups pay you - good job, creamery people. I respect that. This made me hungry. Okay, I’ll go make dinner, ughhhh (Sausage Zucchini Boats)"

Lillybet said...

Man I really want to try those cheeses. I really have to go to Heber and check it out sometime.